Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 8

Milk day.  Got a chance to play around with the milk today to do something interesting to it.  The results: Delicious!  While you're all planning to feast on milk and honey "one of these days"... I'm gonna do it now!

Energy levels are really good today.  I'm feeling a little feisty, actually.  I've also lost another inch on my waist and I'm beginning to worry about needing to go buy new pants.  Or belts.  Or something!  That's a good thing to have to worry about.  So far, I've managed to stay very close to the 2-hour marks for the spherical rotations, but I think I might have a bruise on the right one.  It's a little sore.  Only 1 more full day before I head back in to get the spheres repositioned and have an official weigh-in!!

Frothy Milk and Honey
8 oz whole milk
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Heat milk in a frothing pitcher.  When warm, froth it.  Combine honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in a microwavable container and heat on high for 20 seconds.  Pour honey mixture into a mug, then pour the frothy milk over it.  Stir carefully so as not to reintegrate the froth.  Top off with froth and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

Coffee Milkshake
8 oz whole milk
8 oz decaffeinated coffee, brewed
1 Tbsp honey
ice

Microwave honey on high for 10 seconds to liquefy, then combine with milk and coffee and ice in a blender.  Blend until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Why yes, yes there is! Bodum makes them... or used to at least, don't know how readily available they are these days. I got mine years ago. It's a glass pitcher with a plunger-like thingy that does the frothing.

    ReplyDelete