Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 10

Fruit/Veggie day.  Technically today is the last day of the first round, so technically the new round begins tomorrow, even though my appointment for the sphere repositioning was at 9:15am.  I have lost a total of 10lbs and 3 inches from my waist so far!  That puts me right at the 5% mark of weight loss that they claimed can be achieved.  I had hoped for a little more, and there were a few things I did "wrong" during these past 10 days that may account for it.

1.  Missing rotation times.  Hey, it's hard when you're at work and you get into something.  Or you're out and about and don't really have the ability to keep track of time.  Two hours goes by and you don't even realize it.

2.  More raw food.  Should've had more raw and less cooked, with a little more focus on cabbage (blah, boring).

3.  Slow down rotations.  I think with the missing rotation times, I've let myself feel harried about doing the rotations, so I've been doing them too quickly which may have not let the full effect happen.  I definitely noticed a difference between the speed that Andre did on them today vs what I have been doing, so I will make a conscious effort to slow down.

But I am super excited for the accomplishment so far!  I've been sleeping better the past couple of days, and waking up more easily.  I've had more energy during the day, and I'm actually more pleasant to be around at work.  Even without the morning coffee.  People are beginning to notice the weight loss now - clothing fits better, I look slimmer...  Still got a ways to go, but this is a great start!

The next round focuses on the large and small intestines for detox.  The balls are placed a little lower behind the ears (so I don't have to remove my glasses to rotate them now).  As it turns out, when you begin a new 10-day round, you start back at fruit/veggie day again, so tomorrow is another fruit/veggie day rather than switching to milk.  And since tomorrow is technically the first day of the next round, I have 2 fruit/veggie days to go through before the next milk day now.  This also marks the beginning of the vitamin and herb supplements.  So now, twice a day, I will be taking the supplements (morning and evening) - no eating for 2 hours after taking them, so first thing in the morning and then after the 6pm food deadline works well.  Plus, there's a new schedule for the rotations.  Now it will be every 1.5 hours (as if it wasn't hard enough to do 2 hours before...), with the mandatory times at 4 and 7 pm.  Suggestion is to start rotations at 7am, 8:30am, or 10am to force the two times to fall in.

Andre says that this round doesn't typically see a lot of weight loss, but rather the loss is in inches around the midsection.  There's generally weight loss that corresponds with it, but not always.  He has seen some people lose several inches from their waist and actually gain a pound or two during this cycle.  He also says this round is very unforgiving if you cheat, so pay close attention to the food.  Cheating hasn't been a problem for me - it's the rotations, so I'll definitely have to watch that.  I also asked him about the vegetable stock; he approves - he actually had the exact stock I'm using stashed away in his cupboard to show people what's OK to get - so that's good to go.  Says that it doesn't count toward the "item" count for the day, but 8oz of stock would account for about a half pound of the total for the day, so I'll have to watch that.  I'm finding that 1.5lbs of fruits/veggies is actually a lot of food.

Going to have some cantaloupe at noon today, this evening will be three-pepper "fajitas", a recipe from the Sadkhin site.  My change to it is that I will add carrots to the mix.  I think that'll add a nice flavor to it.  Plus they call for a red bell pepper - I can't do that because of the red skin, so I'm swapping it for an orange bell pepper.

Three Pepper Fajitas
1 each green, yellow, and orange bell peppers, cut into strips
6 to 8 baby carrots, cut into strips
1 sweet onion, cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1 lime
fresh cilantro
sea salt
lettuce leaves

Heat a non-stick skillet on high.  Add peppers, carrots, onion, cilantro and garlic and squeeze juice on top.  Sprinkle a dash of salt on top.  Saute until tender.  Wrap in lettuce leaves with a little more cilantro for extra kick, and serve.

Makes 4 wraps

Edit: I forgot to add the garlic to mine, but it was still tasty.  And I discovered if you chase it with honeyed green tea, the tea ends up tasting like chocolate.  Yes, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment