Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 5

Fruit/Veggie day.  The Spinach and Turnips turned out really great, and is surprisingly filling.  I wasn't able to eat it all today.  I think once I'm done with this and back on full food again, I'll upgrade that dish with mushrooms and bacon, and discard the broth after it's done cooking.  That'll make it really shine and be an awesome side dish.  Or full dish.  More salt needed upon eating though.  Spinach really needs salt.  Oh yes, and I went with the mango again today.  Mmm mango.

So I did an unofficial weigh-in today.  Official weigh-ins will be at the Sadkhin place, on their scale, but halfway through each week I'll do an unofficial weigh-in using the scale at work... which is fairly accurate.  According to that, I'm down 7lbs!  Which seems to correspond with the inch that's come off my waist.  Loose jeans!!

No hunger pangs  today.  Ate til I was full, and have been keeping my tea filled.  Making the carrot soup tonight, as promised.  It's difficult cooking when you can't really sample what you're cooking to make sure it's any good.  But so far, I've been doing ok in that area.  Soup's on!

Carrot Soup
3/4 lb baby carrots
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup vegetable stock
1 Tbsp dried Herbes de Provence
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lemon juice

In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic with a Tbsp of stock until onions turn translucent.  Add carrots, the rest of the stock, herbs, pepper, and salt and bring to a simmer (reduce heat when necessary).  Allow to simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender.  Use a blender or stick blender to puree to desired consistency.  If soup is too thick, add more stock.  Add lemon juice and stir well.  Serve topped with fresh parsley for garnish.  Or avocado slices as pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment