Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 28

Milk day.  I always get brilliant ideas at the worst time.  I was thinking about lassis, an Indian yogurt drink, and how delicious they are and how I could live on them forever, and I thought, "I wonder if I can find a recipe for those."  So I went looking, and what do you know, it's yogurt, water, optional spices, and sugar.  Sometimes milk.  Well, I can replace the sugar with honey and not use milk.  But since I have to substitute for both days when substitutions are made, I will have to wait until the next two milk days to do this.

Which is 4 days away.  Grr.

So I'm going to try something new - I'm going to make my own yogurt with the rest of the milk that I have, otherwise it will expire and I will have to throw it away and that would just be a waste.  Make my own yogurt, and then I will play with lassi recipes to add to my growing collection of recipes.  Mint and cardamom, honey and vanilla ... popular lassis include mango, but sadly I won't be able to do that.

Fruit/Veggie day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment