Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 21

Fruit/Veggie day.  Today was the official start of the 3rd cycle.  It was also avocado experiment day.  Sadly, I was unable to render the fat out of the avocado in any way that wasn't absolutely gross, but I think I may have discovered my new favorite salad dressing.  A line of dressings even.  Start with a similar base, and then you can add seasoning packets to make it extra tasty.  So food today was a simple romaine salad with avocado dressing, and then later on I had some zucchini soup (toss some zucchini around in a fry pan then toss it into some veggie broth, heated up).

Avocado Dressing Base
1 avocado
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup water

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add water as needed to reach desired consistency.  To change up flavors, try adding Italian or Ranch dressing seasoning packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment