Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 19

Fruit/Veggie day.  Also a travel day.  Due to my washing the car yesterday, the weather decided it was not indeed spring yet and thus there must be snow.  So the car is gross again.  What should have been an 11 hour drive turned into a 14 hour ordeal, and I am fairly well exhausted.  Note to everyone: If you must travel during Sadkhin, MAKE SURE you travel on a milk day.  Fruit and veggie days are awful for travel.  Awful.  Also: Getting up at 5:30am and not being able to eat anything until noon is horrible.  Nevermind that I couldn't FIND anything until 1pm.  Stopped at a Sheetz to get gas and see what I could rustle up.  They do carry those smoothie things, but I didn't want to go on another all-fruit day thing.  So I found, in the To-Go section, a pack of chopped romaine lettuce (they sell salad kits - one pack of lettuce, and one pack of topping, and there's various salad type toppings to choose from.  Pretty neat.)  and a pack of carrots and celery, which comes with ranch dressing.  The lettuce was quite tasty all on its lonesome, and I ignored the celery.

Later on as 5:00 was approaching, I kept an eye out for something else to consume.  Let me tell you, service station areas are not all that helpful.  Around 5:30 I finally pulled into something with a Burger King (no way), Manchu Wok (has potential but requires research), Popeyes and Panera (both bombed out) as well as a Starbucks.  I thought if nothing else, Starbucks would be the backup as they usually have little fruit platters or those smoothies or something.  Manchu Wok has a vegetable stir fry in a garlic sauce that has potential, but I couldn't get a straight answer as to whether oil was involved in there.  So I had to pass, although I will be looking that up later, since it would make a nice meal.  Panera was disappointing - they have smoothies, but they use yogurt in them.  So that disqualifies them.  So I went to Starbucks.  Who promptly let me down.  No smoothies, no fruit platters.  Ugh.

There's a little travel mart inside the service stations, so I wandered in to see what I could find.  There were lovely looking bowls of cheese and crackers, and bowls of grapes, and bowls of red apple slices.  All of which fail.  So I checked the fridge.  I found a V8.  Now, Andre says we can do V8, unless you're me, in which case I'm not supposed to have tomatoes.  But it was 5:45.  And I was tired.  So I had the V8.  And everyone will just have to get over it.  It turned into an all-veggie day.  Oh well.

Tomorrow I go back in for a repositioning of the spheres.  I don't think there was a lot of physical progress during this cycle - maybe a couple of pounds of weight loss, but my measurements haven't changed.  Now, that could just be because it's the end of a very long day and I should measure myself in the morning (like all the other times) and see where things stand... So we'll see.  Fruit/veggie day for the next 3 days (new cycle, restart the food).

Oh, yes, I had a thought - can't use oil for cooking, but avocados are fatty.  22g of fat per fruit, actually.  And it's the really good for you fat.  So I wonder - can they be melted over heat?  To make a fatty something for cooking with?  Not tomorrow, but Wednesday when I am home, will be avocado experiment day.  We'll be attempting to melt some avocado for stir-fry, possibly even (gasp) pan frying, and an attempt at a salad dressing will be made.  I picked up a seasoning packet to put in and give it a try.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment