Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 2

Ah, that's better.  Hit the snooze three or four times first!  Now that's a regular wakeup!  I was much more excited about today's food adventure.  Last night I came up with a plan for today's food, and I baked up an eggplant to be stuffed into peppers (recipe to follow), and cut up a mango.  Smelled awesome and I was really wanting to just scarf it down right then, but I managed to exercise a little restraint and discipline and did not.

The peppers turned out awesome.  I ate one at noon and was just stuffed.  Really satisfying meal!  Later on I dug into my mango, which was a great uplift in the afternoon.  Dinner was another pepper.  I think I'm going to add garlic to it next time.  Tea all day, of course!

Energy levels today are pretty good, and hunger was much less of a problem.  My face has broken out a little bit, forehead mainly, which sucks.  I blame it on the 24-hour period of not being allowed to wash my hair after the application of the spheres.  Should clear up in a couple of days.

Oh yes, the chocolate I ordered a couple of weeks ago showed up today (along with a ton of wine).  Great timing, huh!  Guess it'll have to go into the cabinet of things-to-hide for now.  I think I might start calling that "things to look forward to" soon.  Walked past the candy dish at work a couple of times today and it was hard to not just grab a piece, but I managed it.  Milk day tomorrow!

Green Peppers stuffed with Baked Eggplant
1 large eggplant
2 green peppers
2 green onions
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp mixed dried herbs (Italian seasoning will do)
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk together the lemon juice, honey, and herbs.  Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise, and spread the honey-lemon mixture over the cut sides of the eggplant.  Place cut side down on a baking sheet, and bake for 50 minutes.  Pull from oven and place the green onions, whole, on the baking sheet and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.  Allow to cool for a few minutes, and then scoop out the flesh from the eggplant and chop the onions.  Mix the eggplant and the onions together, and add salt and pepper.

Cut the tops off of the green peppers and scoop out the seeds.  Pour half the eggplant mix into each pepper.  To store, put the cap of the pepper back on top, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the fridge.  When ready to eat, microwave on high for 4 minutes.

Makes 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment