Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 14-15

Milk day, then fruit/veggie day.  As I posted earlier, I'm taking a trip this weekend, and discovering the difficulties of traveling with the limitations of this diet.  Traveling on a milk day isn't so bad - it's the fruit/veggie day that's weird.  I packed some stuff to eat, but, well, blah.  Got to my 2nd destination a wee bit early so I found a local Starbucks (like that's hard to do) and took a peek at the Naked smoothies that they sell.  These appear to be Sadkhin friendly.  If V8 is allowed to replace the fruit/veggie day, these must also qualify - they are nothing but purees with a little juice to liquefy them.  I probably chose poorly for the one I'm currently consuming - it's all fruit, it mixes mango and banana, and it has orange in it.  But it's so tasty!  There's this green one, too, that is basically V8 without the tomato, but  I've tried that one before and it was really nasty.  So, today will just simply be all fruit.  I had an all veggie day, so it'll do.  Makes me a lot less nervous about trying to be traveling knowing this option is out here.  Plus I think I'll have to find some of this stuff to purchase for home.

The biggest hassle has been the stupid balls.  Driving takes so much longer when you have to pull over every hour and a half or so to do the rotations.  Sometimes there's just not a place to stop.  Stayed pretty close, though.

Nothing much else to report.  I would have done an unofficial mid-week weigh in today, but I'm nowhere near a scale that I'm familiar enough with to trust.  Alas, I will just have to wait it out until Tuesday when I go back to see Andre again.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Cathy!!!
    Just want to tell you that I've been reading your posts and you are such a great writer.
    My husband and I are starting on Sadkhin this Sunday, so I was looking for other folks' posts - and your blog is great.
    Keep it up please. And again, good luck with your weight loss.
    Karina

    ReplyDelete