Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 37

Milk day.  I went with lassis again today just because I was in a rush this morning to get out the door and couldn't think of anything more creative.  I put in a little extra honey and cardamom and only did one mint leaf.  That seemed to be a really good balance.  I'm finding, however, that I don't feel quite as full throughout the day when I make the lassis as opposed to the lattes, but I can't mix yogurt and milk in a day.  Why? I don't know, it's just one of the rules.  I also can't have yogurt one day and milk the next.  That's one of the weirder restrictions that I just don't get, but rules are rules.

I strained some of the yogurt before using it (since I had to get up at 3am to finish making the yogurt, I let some of it cool as-is, and some of it strain while cooling).  That helped with the texture of the lassi, I think - it made it thicker, for sure.  I'm keeping the leftover whey for an as-yet-undecided new adventure.  I'm also going to strain some more yogurt and just let it sit overnight and get really thick and see what happens to it.

Tomorrow, being Saturday, means I will have more time to be adventurous with the yogurt and try new things with it!  Which probably means "Variations on Onion Soup" day.  Are you excited yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment