Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 34

Milk day.  Made honey vanilla yogurt smoothie for today.  I received a tip on how to make the yogurt thicker without compromising the flavor - strain out some of the liquid.  So I think I'll give that a go for the next batch, which will likely be made Thursday evening - strain out half of it for eating and leave the other half liquidy for drinking.  Not much left of the first batch since I had less than half a gallon of milk left, but there's certainly enough there to get a new batch started.  Will have to buy more milk.

I stepped on the scale at work today and was encouraged - it read 3 lbs down from its reading on Friday, so that's good!  Working from home tomorrow, so I won't have a chance to do a mid-week weigh.  Maybe Thursday when I'm in the office again.  Muscles are sore from hitting the gym yesterday, but it's a good sore.

I cooked up some eggplant in a tomato-carrot sauce tonight for tomorrow.  What's that?  Tomato?  Yes!  I found brown tomatoes at the grocery store.  Yes, they're supposed to be brown.  And since brown is not red, I can use them, right?  I hope?  Well, I am.  The sauce came out really thick, so I think no carrots next time.  Just tomatoes.  It looks good - we'll see how it tastes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment