Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 45-47

Milk day, then fruit/veggie days.  I was traveling in Canada over the weekend, and was without internet, so sorry about the lack of updates!  Saturday was filled with winery tastings - yes, you can still do that, you just have to master the art off swish-and-spit.  Nothing was actually consumed - well, maybe one or two sips that were just too smooth or too good to spit.  I brought along my yogurt and an assortment of stir-ins for it, as well as my "cream cheese" stuff.  There was also some excellent cheese.  We ended up at a nice restaurant for dinner, where I had a lovely cheese plate, with a fun coffee for dessert.

Sunday was the trip home, and I had put together more of the cabbage salad for the trip since it travels pretty well.  I left the dressing off until I was ready to eat it, which seems to extend the life of it.  Stir in the dressing and grind a little sea salt on top, and it was once again the awesome salad.  I am also loving the POM stuff, so that was my fruit for the day.  I did cheat a little in the evening and had a bit of chocolate.  Lindt truffles... who can resist?

The remainder of the salad was for today, as well as the POM.  There wasn't quite enough salad left, so I steamed up some carrots for my final meal.

I'm finding that I'm being more tempted by regular food the past few days.  Possibly because I know this is almost over now, and I'm just so looking forward to being able to have some of these things.  Pizza, mac 'n cheese... yeah.  I'm really starting to wonder now what the maintenance phase includes.  I know fish gets brought into it, but what other restrictions are lifted?  Do I get to start cooking with olive oil again?  Or maybe vinegar?  Can I start mixing fruit into my yogurt?  I'll find out on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment