Thursday, May 26, 2011

Update

I returned to the Sadkhin Complex this week for my 1-month follow-up visit.  I have successfully maintained the weight, despite a trip to Las Vegas two weeks ago and a party this past weekend.  I'm trying to stick to the recommendations for maintenance, but it's difficult these days - it feels like I'm not getting the support from others now that I'm "done" with the program as I was while I was on it.  Everyone seems to expect me to just fall right back into old habits and stuff, so impressing on people that I still wish to make an attempt at following the guidelines just earns me funny looks and comments of "But I thought you were done."

You're never really done.  The only way for any "diet" to work is to have an actual lifestyle change.  So if that means I don't want to eat after 6pm (7pm at the LATEST), or if I want to have a tea fast day or a milk day, or if I want to just do veggies for a couple of days - don't look at me funny.  Show the same support as while I was actively on the program.  If I allow myself a cheat for each friend, just to avoid the funny looks, I'm going to end up gaining all the weight back.  So stop it. 

Andre was very proud of me for keeping the weight off so far and that I've done pretty well with the recommendations.  I'm proud of me, too.  And people keep telling me that they can really notice the difference and are impressed by it.  If I want to keep it off, I have to keep it up.  Which means I might be funny some days for eating.

5 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome! Keep it up, however strange it may be. Just keep in your mind that statement you heard awhile back as two guys walked by....and that'll keep you on the right track. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope we'll still see you for MND...even if it's late and you don't eat, it would be a tragedy to miss your company. We've all got funny eating habits, so you shouldn't feel weird about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say thank you for posting your entire experience here on the web. I've just begun my journey and it's incredibly inspiring to be able to read someone else's story and see their results. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Cathy! You did an awesome job on the program AND on this blog! It really helps me!! I have been on it for 6 cycles now and starting to feel frustrated, but still working it!
    enjoy your new eating lifestyle!!

    ReplyDelete