Friday, May 6, 2011

Maintenance: Week 2

3 more pounds down!  And I'm officially now done with the whole thing and am on my own.  I'm being good so far about getting to the gym or going for a good long walk at least 3 times a week.  Hopefully I'll keep that up.  I'm still getting full from the smaller quantities of food, so I might just be able to keep this going for a while, and finish losing the weight I want to shed.  Now where did I put that card... ah, here it is.  So these are the "recommended rules" to help keep the weight off:

1.  Follow the 5 Ps:
P-1: Portion control - watch the quantity of the food you eat (ok, no brainer)
P-2: Property of the food - choose high quality foods with good nutritional values (duh)
P-3: Proper time of consumption - continue to eat between 12pm and 6pm (I think I can do this - at least during the week, I've gotten used to it)
P-4: Preparation of food - stick to raw, steamed, grilled or baked, don't do fried (again, duh)
P-5: Physical activity - do at least 30 to 40 minutes of exercise a day (I see more walks in my future)

2. Make Thursdays a milk day (I can do that)

3. Make Mondays a fasting day (We'll see)

4. Choose in-season fruits and vegetables (makes sense - fewer preservatives that way)

5. Continue to take the vitamin and herb supplements (I'll probably switch to a generic multivitamin instead of their expensive stuff)

And they suggest repeating the program every 8 to 12 months as a booster.  There's more tips and stuff on their website. 

1 comment:

  1. Last entry on MAy 6th...
    Wondering how you are doing with the maintenance?
    Thank you for sharing your journey through the program with us! Hope to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete