Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 39

Fruit/Veggie day.  Oh my.  I may have invented my new favorite salad, like ever.  This is amazing.  Yes, I'm posting really early because it's JUST THAT GOOD and you must all know about this like NOW and go make it NOW and have it today while it's a gorgeous warm sunny day.  Oh this is good.  First you will want to find a mediterranean or Indian grocer from which you can buy a jar of tahini.  Do it now.  Then head out and get the rest of this all, and make it.  Because it is delicious and this is my most successful experiment of the whole program so far and I wish I had discovered this way back at the beginning because I think I could live off of this for a while.

Cabbage Salad with Italian Tahini Dressing
For the salad:
1/4 head red cabbage, finely shredded
1/4 head green cabbage, finely shredded
2 large carrots, finely shredded
handful fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 green onions, chopped into 1/4" rounds

For the dressing:
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1 packet Italian dressing mix

Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.  Combine all dressing ingredients in a shaker and mix well.  Pour about half of the dressing over the salad and stir to mix.  Save the rest of the dressing in the fridge, because you will want it for other applications.  Like to marinate chicken.  Or to toss with stir fry.  Or for everything.

Have with a large glass of iced tea with a squeeze of lemon in it.  This is summer.

If you like, you may shred an apple and mix that in, too, but it's awesome without.  Have an apple for dessert or something.  Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment