Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 27

Milk day.  Pretty boring, standard day - tea in the morning, lattes all afternoon, tea in the evening.  I did finally manage to get back to the gym, though.  I went on my own, and will attempt to do so more often.  I'm paying for it, after all!  Decided to start working on toning my mid-section, so I found some good ab machines and occupied them for a while, and then found an open treadmill and went for a jog.  Yes, a jog.  I felt like jogging and the music I was listening to had a good jogging beat to it.  Despite not having been to the gym for a while now, it felt easier to keep up the jogging than the last time - certainly went further.  Usually I can only do quarter-mile bursts, if I'm lucky, and then require a good half mile or more of walking before I can get another jog in.  Tonight, the jog went a good half mile before I said enough.  I probably could have gone more if I pushed it - I wasn't feeling as pained as before at the end of it.  But I also figured I was probably pushing it as it was, given I'm only supposed to walk, briskly at best.  I feel great though!

I did sneak a small chunk of cheese when I got home, though, since I know it's good to put some protein in you after you workout.  Wasn't much, maybe half an ounce, but it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Tomorrow brings with it another team lunch thing, and we're heading to bd's Mongolian BBQ.  Kind of a shame that it's a milk day, because if it were a fruit/veggie day, that would be a great place to go.  Ah well, I'll survive! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cat! It's great that you got to the gym today! Take it easy though--you don't have many extra calories in you to burn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days a little running is good for all of us :) Keep it up, Cat!

    ReplyDelete